The New Forest Outdoor Centre is set in a beautiful private ancient mixed woodland in the heart of the New Forest, Hampshire, UK. All visitors to the venue must stay within site of the Carpenter's Barn unless being led by one of the centre instructors or following one of our waymarked trails.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The main car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park is a level gravel area, with the closest parking approx 3 metres from the front doors of the Carpenter's Barn.
- There is parking for around 40 cars in the main car park.
- Access from the car park to the front door, starts on the level gravel area, there is then one step down of about 25cm to the paved area in front of the barn. There is then level access to the barn across the paved area to the front doors and around the side of the barn over wooden decking. Lighting aids the route at night.
- Level access is available from the car park on to the west lawn and then onto the paved area in front on the barn. There is then a 20cm threshold at the front barn doors.
- Additional parking facilities are available at the Walled Garden area entrance and on the estate rides.
- Solid, level floor
- Access with 20cm threshold through rear barn doors to large level wood deck
- Lighting - spot lights from beams
- Seating for up to 120 depending on layout
- Large wood burning stove
- 2 radiators
- Blackout blinds available for windows
- 13 amp power supply points
- Wifi access point can be arranged
- Poor mobile reception for some networks
Carpenter's Barn Marquee
- Level wood deck floor unsuitable for stiletto type heels
- Access over threshold via rear barn double doors or via level decking corridor from paved patio area at the front of the barn and from south decked area
- Lighting - 4 electric uplighters and either enclosed candle lanterns (if unlined) or chandeliers with electric light bulbs (if lined)
- Seating for up to 125 depending on layout
- Petrol driven marquee heater
Cloakroom facilities at the Carpenter's Barn
- Both ladies and gentlemen's facilities are reached via level decking walk way with one 20cm step up to access. Not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Ladies cloakroom has two toilet cubicles and two showers.
- Gentlemens cloakroom has one toilet cubicle, urinal unit and two showers.
- With adequate notice we can arrange for a disabled toilet to be provided on site.
- Each hut sleeps up to 4 bunk style
- Access to the huts is via four steps, each 25cm high
- Steps do not have handrail
Food preparation area
- Accessed via level decking area with one step up of 20cm at the entrance.
- Area not suitable for cooking.
- Dishwashing facilities.
- Lino-style flooring.
Marquee Walled Garden
- Large marquee in Walled Garden accessed via step (35cm).
- Level wooden floor.
- Eco Long Drop toilet facility available for users of the Walled Garden Marquee. Access via rough gravel path and 25cm step.
- Water hazards include a lake on the estate.
- The tracks are gravelled and rough in places. The decking can be slippery when wet. The lawns can become muddy during prolonged periods of wet weather.
- Activity areas are accessible either via rough gravelled or wood-chipped paths unsuitable for wheelchair users. The activity areas are either set to lawn or wood chip. Please discuss suitability for users who have physical restrictions.
- Permission to bring dogs on site must be sought in advance - owner must take responsibility at all times for any dogs brought on to the site.
- No smoking is permitted in the barn, marquee, food preparation area or toilets.
- No naked flames are permitted in the barn, marquee, food preparation area or toilets.
Minstead Manor Estate, Emery Down, Lyndhurst, Hampshire SO43 7GA
Telephone: 02380 284 4801 (office)
Grid reference: 50.888225,-1.602148,
Hours of operation: Open all year, visitors strictly by appointment only.
Upgrades will continue on an annual basis
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone +44 (0)2380 282 288 or email
Created: March 2016