Setting the right 'tone' at the start of a programme helps to ensure that it has the best chance of being successful.
We have a number of different activities to break the ice or just warm the group up so they are ready to participate in the rest of the day's programme. We will always work with you to plan ice breakers that are appropriate for the needs of the group and that suitable for the programme. To break up a long day involving meetings and discussion groups, we incorporate energiser exercises to vary the pace and help delegates remain focused and alert.
Benefits of icebreakers
Icebreakers and energisers help to:
- ensure that all participants gain an understanding of the planned course programme
- allow a relationship of trust to be formed
- provide the time for the participants to mentally arrive at the programme
- make sure that participants feel able to contribute
We prefer active group based icebreakers that warm people up gently and build the relationship amongst the group and the between the groups members and the instructors.
- Allow from 15 minutes to 45 min
- Ideal for conferences, meetings as well as for programmes and group sessions
- Suitable for adults and young people
- Can accommodate several icebreaker activities at a time
- Vary in extent of physical activity
"A short break outside blew away the cobwebs and helped me to concentrate on the next discussion."